Monday, March 29, 2010

Weeks 9 and 10 are a mix of news and emotions.

It looks like I am doing another 2 week posting. Well, it has been a busy time. Last week the clinic wanted me to come in person to see if we could get my nausea under control. One thing that concerned them was that my nausea could be a symptom of thyroid problems. Supposedly the interferon can make toast of your thyroid. One of my blood test showed some difficulty going on with my thyroid. So they did more blood work on Thursday and I had and ultrasound done Friday. Now I have to wait for the results.

My doctor says that it is rare, but they have had some patients develop thyroid problems. When that happened they needed to stop treatment right away. “I’m not going to continue treatment and leave you without a thyroid,” was his words. Supposedly most people’s thyroids repaired themselves when they stopped the treatment. So I have been holding out on making the next posting, hoping that I’d get some news.

Well, it is Monday night and time for shot #10. I forced myself to go to half of my long-term survivor’s group tonight just so I could get out on the apartment for a while. I am sick and tired of being stuck inside for the last 10 weeks. It was nice to get out, but exhausting too. It was nice to see my group though.

I walked into a drug the deal on the way to the bank before the meeting. I walk slowly, so that is part of the problem. I could see the group waiting ahead and I knew that they were picking up. As I walked towards them two rather large guys came up behind me and then passed me. I was sure that the crowd was waiting for them. Just as I reached the crowed the guys reached them. There was a big truck parked and I couldn’t walk out on the road. So I had to push myself through the deals. My heartbeat took off for a while. I have not experienced what I understand as Riba Rage from the treatment, but it came close today. Part of me wanted to give them a piece of my mind. Not very wise though.

So tonight I did shot number 10 and I guess I’ll update more after I get my thyroid results.

Cheers,

David McHep C

No comments:

Post a Comment