Thursday, November 12, 2009

Virus Wars; Episode V, The Fever Strikes Back

I ended up having a bit of set back today. I woke up today feeling really crappy. My fever of 39 Celsius came back with a vengeance, so there was no way that they wanted me at the Hepatologist. So the appointment with the Hepatologist needed to be canceled. The city as well as the country are on high alert because of H1N1. I called my family doctor and even they were unsure how to handle me. The receptionist thought that I may have to go to the emergency. On the news the head doctor for the province was warning people not to go to the emergencies. It seems everyone wanted to pass the buck. So my family doctor called me back and asked me to come there. I had to mask and they put me in an isolation room right away. The outcome is that they are treating me for pneumonia. I started a strong antibiotic today. I take two pills today and then one pill a day for four days. Hindsight is twenty twenty, but I wish that I had gone to the doctor on Tuesday and did not wait as long as I did. Today I was in rough shape, having trouble breathing and alternating between sweats and chills.

The good news is that my appointment with the Hepatologist was re-booked really soon. One week from today. I really feared that it would have been several months. So I am happy about that. I am hoping that something will happen overnight and I'll start feeling better tomorrow. Don't have a lot to say because I still feel pretty rough. So my update on treatment will be delayed one week. I'll update everyone then.

Cheers,

David McHep C

1 comment:

  1. Hi, David, I hope you are feeling a lot better by now. I saw you on Nomads. My blog is www.myhepcjourney.blogspot.com
    Never mind the odds. Mine went from 50% to 20% when a new study came out. I didn't even finish tx and I still was virus free. Next month I'll find out if I still am. I feel so much better than I did before tx. If I have to do it again, I will. Hang in there. Irene

    ReplyDelete