Thursday, November 5, 2009

The second posting; A little less memorable

Hi everyone,

It is not necessarily my plan to journal everyday. But last night as I was posting all the videos that were made previously, I noticed that there were some issues raised and perhaps should be updated.

First, that CPAP machine that I had such hope for. I've suffered from severe fatigue for the past three years. When I was diagnosed with sleep apnea I was elated as strange as that may sound to others. I was happy that a cause was found and now that I had the machine my fatigue will be gone. Because I am on a government drug plan (ODSP), only the cheapest mask was covered. When I did the study they used a mask that plugged my nostrils. The mask that ODSP covered, covered your face. I have never had such an immediate response. I woke up the next morning and there was a rash on my face. Anywhere the mask rested on my face was red and raw.





This is how the ODSP covered mask looked.





















So I had to go back to the sleep disorder clinic and have them write a letter explaining to the government that I needed a different mask. Then ODSP covered a new mask for me.



I'm not sure where these photos will show up when this is published. Right now all the data for them appears at the top of the page. This will be a learning experience for me. Well, back to my CPAP machine. My dream of increased energy didn't really materialize. I use the machine to prevent my breathing from stopping, but I am still tired all the time.




The second unresolved issue was the bed wetting. In the video I am wondering if my sleep that night is going to result in more laundry. Just for the record things were fine that night. I seemed to have again fallen into a grace period. I had no problems since that video was made until last week. There was another underlying issue that may or may not be a factor in this. I mention in the video that I was diagnosed with a kidney infection. I finished the Cipro but recently I have noticed symptoms returning that I had back when I was dealing with that infection. So who knows if the two are related. I just did another urine sample but haven't gotten the results yet.

I also mentioned about reading something connecting incontinence with Hep C. I know some people I know have questioned what I read because they had not heard this. I just want to explain that this write up connected this to kidney damage caused by the virus. The kidney and liver work together, so I guess an attack on one is an attack on the others.

Lastly I want to explain where I am sitting right now when it comes to services from the various HIV/AIDS organizations. ACT has me set up with the Good Company Lunch program they run. They also believe that they will have a buddy for me soon.

I also made a trip to The Toronto People With AIDS Foundation (PWA) and they have set me up with a food program they run called Food For Life. They provide frozen dinners that are delivered to me once a week. So now I don't have to worry about having to cook if I am feeling like crap. I fill out a menu every week and the food is delivered the next.

That pretty well covers those issues mentioned in the videos. As for how I am doing today, I had a pleasant surprise today. I am always called on Wednesday to confirm that the Good Company Lunch is happening and if I am coming. I never got a call yesterday so I was unsure what that meant. I called this morning but I got voice-mail every time. So I was unsure what to do. With all the H1N1 fear going on, could the facilitator have the flu so it was canceled? So since it was cold and rainy anyway I stayed home.

Right around the time I would have been going to lunch I got a call from the Pain Clinic. I have neuropathy so I was referred to them almost a year ago. I waited for about 4 or five months before I heard from them. They sent me a questionnaire to fill out and mail back. That was 3 or four months ago. So I was quite pleased to finally hear from them. They were calling to book an appointment. I could only assume how far down the line that was going to be. But they had a surprise for me. There was a cancellation for tomorrow and as luck would have it I am free. So I will finally get in to see them. The hope is that they'll know of a way other than morphine to treat my pain. I know many will jump to the conclusion that my fatigue is because of the morphine, but I was hit by the fatigue about two years before the morphine was started. I will adjust to the morphine resulting in gradual increases so finding something else would be advantageous.

So that is it for my second posting. I can't wait to see where those pictures show up.

Cheers,

David, McHep C

PS. The photos did not go where I wanted them to. Perhaps next time.

2 comments:

  1. Well DJ McHep C do you think the fatigue could just be your hep c working is nasty magic on you?

    ReplyDelete