Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Perhaps I shouldn’t have taken the risk after all

I was a little worried that by mentioning a new official start date I may jinx it because of past experience. Well guess what? I have a new start date and even it is a little tentative. This time I am the one to blame though.

I called the hepatologist today to see if pre-dosing with Ribavirin was an option. The nurses had not heard of it so they asked if I wanted to hold off on my start date until I saw the doctor. I asked when I could get in to see him and it fell after my previous official start date of January 19th. Not by much though. So this is the schedule for now. I will go in and see the doctor about pre-dosing January 21st. Then I have a new date for the nurse to come on January 25th. If the doctor does not want to do pre-dosing then January 25th will be my new start date. If he is for it though the January 25th appointment will be changed again. Poor nurse.

I have a suspicion that the doctor will not want to do pre-dosing. I am a little worried that it will create a new mess where a new Section 8 would need to be approved to give an OK to pre-dosing. I have a list of selling points to use from a member of the Nomads online forum that I participate in. It is just after hearing about pre-dosing and its potential I felt that if I am going to do this I want to give it my best shot. If I went ahead and didn’t even try to see about pre-dosing then I’d always worry that I didn’t give it my best shot. This way, even if it is refused, at least I tried my best.

So for now I’ll refer to January 25th as my tentative official start date, to become my start date if I start on that date. That’s not confusing at all. I’m sure that I’ll have another update after January 21st.

Cheers until then,

David Mc Hep

1 comment: